A woman's view of hunting…with men

guns, dogs and birds

Frosty Morning Romp

I took the dogs on an early morning hike or at least that was my plan, but when I pulled up to our regular spot there were other cars already there. That was when I noticed the large letters under the sign that said, “Dear Archery Hunting” and realized that we would be out there with men carrying large high powered compound bows. So in order to protect the dogs and me, we went elsewhere.

IMG_3641 (1280x853)
Orso looking dapper in his bandanna

IMG_3645 (1280x853)
Charlie in his bandanna

IMG_3650 (1280x853)
The sun peeking through the trees

IMG_3654 (1280x853)
A frosty dandelion

IMG_3664 (1280x853)
Tall foxtails

Photos taken with my Canon Rebel

About these ads

November 10, 2013 - Posted by | Creative Writing, dog ownership, Dogs, nature, photo shots, pictures of dogs, short story | , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 Comments »

1. the well dressed dog stands out where ever he goes …. :)

Comment by billgncs | November 10, 2013 | Reply

2. Good choice to move on. Even with the flashy bandannas, it isn’t worth the risk. And a good time was had by all!

Comment by heretherebespiders | November 10, 2013 | Reply

• I was hoping no one would be there that early but I guess deer hunters get up very early.

Comment by susank456 | November 10, 2013 | Reply

3. wise choice

Comment by noir33 | November 10, 2013 | Reply

• Yeah but dogs were a bit bummed out. They know where we’re going and start whining and pacing in the car as we get close. So finding an alternate place for them that was fun and safe took a bit of searching.

Comment by susank456 | November 10, 2013 | Reply

4. :…with men carrying large high powered compound bows…”

As long as it’s not Dick Cheney with his shotgun :-)

The dogs are dressed for dinner, it would seem.

Comment by Eric Alagan | November 10, 2013 | Reply

• They looked all spiffed up and quite dapper.

Comment by susank456 | November 11, 2013 | Reply