Two coats of gray primer and three coats of red paint just to paint a door and I’m not sure that three coats of paint will be enough to give that finished look. Seriously? If I had known that red was such a difficult color to work with, I would have gone with blue or green or anything else, maybe purple. A simple one day project has taken all week and I’m not sure it’s really done yet. I’m waiting for the third coat of paint to dry.
After the second coat of paint had dried I peeled off the tape protecting the glass panes and the door knob. That went badly as well. I should have used Frog tape, but no I used the regular blue that has worked in the past. The blue tape hung on to the red paint with great tenacity. I peeled off huge chunks of red paint on the metal strips between the window panes. This meant that I had to make another trip to Lowes to buy tiny paint brushes to touch up the flubs. I have started to doubt my sanity at attempting this project.
I have only painted one side of the three doors mind you. I still have the back side of the doors to paint. Today is Sunday one week ago on last Sunday I started this insanity. Guess what, vacation is officially over, tomorrow I get to go back to work, who hoo.
At least Mitch has had a productive project laden vacation. He gutted the bathroom, ripped out the tile floor, floor below and the subfloor in four days and in the last two he has re-installed the subfloor and floor. He’s now ready to go buy the backer board for the tile and tile the floor, which he’ll get done this week. Me, I’ll probably have to apply another coat of paint.
A wadded up newspaper and a match is looking awfully good right now.